COVID-19: Click here to submit information about a business or resource.
Arts & Leisure & Music
- Visit a famous museum from the comfort of your own home. Here's a list of famous museums offering a virtual museum tour. This is especially cool for students who are looking for ways to stay on top of their studies while schools are closed.
- Here’s a link to a really cool NPR article with tons of things to do online from Broadway, Music, Education, Sports & Fitness.
- Spontaneous live shows are springing up everywhere as musicians, bands, and DJs get creative. Check out some of these music steams and virtual concerts to watch as you shelter-in-place
- Always wanted to be a playwright? Check out Lauren Gunderson as she helps aspiring artists in quarantine live out their dreams by offering a writing tutorial while quarantined in her home in San Francisco. An added treat is the children screaming in the background.
- Looking to spice up your at-home beverages? Here's an online guide to 10 easy cocktails to make at home.
- Color Our Collections is a collection of free coloring sheets from around the world. Download, print, and share your favorites with the hashtag #ColorOurCollections!
- Although the University of Richmond’s Modlin Center may be closed, the show must go on. Check out their ever-growing list of organizations that are offering free online visual and performing arts experiences
- Do you have a child who loves the stage? StarStruck Academy and Theatre is for them! They are hosting summer camps as well as putting on the musical production "RENT" this summer! Starstruck's summer camps include various themed weeks such as "Camp Disney" and "Frozen in July".
- (LOCAL) Come out and enjoy some fun in the sun! The Airboat-Buggy-SidebySide Show and Concert featuring the Tom Jackson band is coming October 17.
- (LOCAL) The Barn’s 50th anniversary season opener is Roger Bean’s acclaimed musical comedy “The Marvelous Wonderettes,” running from September 17th to October 4th. Get your tickets now!
- (LOCAL) Every Thursday from 6 – 9:30 PM in downtown Jensen Beach, Jammin Jensen offers a mini-festival of local artists’ displays, music, vendors, and family entertainment!. P.S. there's no admission fee!
- (LOCAL) The First Annual Howl at the Pocket Halloween Fest will be at Port Salerno on Saturday, October 31st from 11am-11pm! Admission is free and this will be an outdoor, socially distanced event.
Getting Artsy and Crafty
- At-Home Wood Crafting made easy. Check out these fun and easy DIY-To-Go Craft Kits from AR Workshop Port St. Lucie – a local boutique DIY woodcraft studio. You just order online, pick up your materials, and take them home. (Thanks to Patty Brookshire for the suggestion!)
- (LOCAL) Kids driving you crazy already? Check out new craft project ideas offered on Crafted by Tara Beik Creative’s Facebook Page.
- (LOCAL) Stuart Ceramics - our favorite place to make your own ceramics - is offering plenty of great ideas for crafts.
- (LOCAL) Pinder's Nursery is offering curbside pickup for gardening kits such as an herb kit, patio color kit, indoor plants kit, butterfly kit. Orders can be placed online through their website.
- (LOCAL) Owner of O's Cafe at the Elliot Museum, Chef Olivia Binn Ostrow will be streaming live from her backyard three times a week with fun and interactive cooking classes.
- For live broadcasts of At-Home Crafting ideas, check out Craft Box Girls by Lynn Lilly’s Facebook
- (LOCAL) From photography, paintings, sculpture, jewelry and more showcased from local and traveling crafters, your visit to Downtown Stuart is promised to be a feast for the senses. The Downtown Stuart Craft Festival is not to be missed!
High School and College Students
- Adobe Cloud For School who were based only on lab access: Adobe cloud is now available and free to all students working from home.
- Zoom video conferencing tools free of charge: Any student or teacher who fills out an online form can be given free unlimited access to Zoom
- Graduating HS seniors and college students, wondering what your college is planning for the fall semester? Chronicle.com has constant updates regarding your college's tentative plan for the fall.
- Disney World is back! All four Disney Parks are now open as well as Disney Springs. For further details on how you and your family can start to feel the magic of Disney once again, visit Disney's website.
- Take the kids for a fun day at the bowling alley! Both Jensen Beach Bowl and Stuart Lanes are open and ready to get back to business. Feel free to check out Stuart Lanes and Jensen Beach Bowl's websites!
- Use your free time to improve your well-being. Yoga is a great outlet to improve mental and physical health with access to limited resources. Check out this beginner's guide online.
- 76 Golf World is open and ready to give you a fun-filled day! If a round of minigolf or maybe some time on the batting cages is your thing, be sure to give 76 Golf World a visit! To find more information about the attractions they offer, visit their website.
- Checkout Drive Shack to practice perfecting your swing while enjoying great food and a cold one at their rooftop lounge. Take a look at their website.
- Enjoy Slow Yoga with local YogaLoft instructor Laura Wenger. Click here for a free demo and consider signing up for online classes.
- Avoid Being a Couch Potato. Stay fit and keep your body moving with these free online classes offered by places like Golds Gym and Planet Fitness.
- The World Health Organization has released a simple guide to staying healthy during the quarantine.
- Looking for a change of scenery? Take a stroll on one of our bridges or beaches during sunrise or sunset. Sunrise is at 6:27 am and sunset is around 8:10 pm, getting some exercise with a view while also social distancing has never been easier.
- Orange Theory Fitness has supplied the public with free daily 30-70 minute at-home workout videos as well as recovery videos for that post-workout soreness.
- The Kane Center will resume its fitness classes starting, June 15th. These classes range from "Chair Yoga" to "Zumba Gold" and have limited availability! Be sure to book your next class, today!
Watching Sports Online
- The NBA is back! As of July 30th, basketball is back in action! Visit the NBA's website for further information about upcoming games.
- Get excited because the NFL is back! Check out the website for the team's schedules NFL Game Pass.
- The NHL is still going, check out the playoffs now!
- The MLB is back! Visit the MLB's website for more information
- Soccer is back in action! Check out the Champions League right now!
- The UFC is still going. Stay tuned with the upcoming fights.
- FOX Sports has created numerous virtual reality and 360 video versions of previous sporting events to make you feel like you are right there in the stands!
Environment and Nature
- Fun in the sun is back! Sailfish Splash Water Park is reopened to the public. The park does have safety precautions to take note of before planning your next trip to the waterslides. Click here for more information.
- Good news Martin County...Our beaches are open to the public! Social distancing and avoiding gathering in large groups is encouraged.
- Interested in a sunrise kayak sesh? Check out some local kayak rental shops like Beach Water Sports or South River Outfitters to enjoy some peaceful nature out on the water.
- Private surf lessons are the perfect way to spend the summer in Martin County! Ohana Surf Shop is a family run surf shop located on Hutchinson Island that is offering private surf lessons to help you kick your summer off on a tropical note! If you've always wanted to learn how to surf, now is as good of a time as any!
- The Oceanographic Center is open Wednesday through Sunday if you are looking for some educational family fun! Along with the sessions they hold during the day, the center is offering nighttime sea turtle walks!
Learning and Literacy and Languages
- The Elliott Museum has reopened as of July 6th! As one of Martin County's most beloved museums, they offer various exhibits such as a vast collection of vintage cars, baseball artifacts, artwork, etc.
- As the school year quickly approaches, you and your child have decisions to make about the fall semester. Be sure to visit the Martin County School District's website for further details on your child's options when it comes to the 2020-21 school year.
- Too lazy to read more books while you're stuck at home? Audible is offering free online audiobooks.
- Finding yourself at home with kids aged 3-6? Duolingo ABC is a new English literacy app that has been launched early due to the COVID-19 pandemic aimed to aid in teaching children with fun and engaging material.
- (LOCAL) Our Pioneers Are Buried Here is a new self-guided walking tour that will be offered by All Saints’ Cemetery in Jensen Beach, Florida. Learn more about the first sheriff, postmaster, letter carrier, attorney, judge, mayor, county commissioners, city officials, developers, and many other influential Treasure Coast residents who have been laid to rest on these nine acres of history.